Monday, March 7, 2011

Is that a light?

The semester is already half finished. I've yet to get used to how fast the semesters can go at MATC. Graduation is right around the corner and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Classes seem to be going well. I'm really enjoying learning advanced JavaScript and AJAX techniques. It's fun being able to know the type of things that help bring a website to life. While I kept my own website fairly simple by design on the initial roll-out, I wouldn't have minded added a bit more to it in terms of interactivity. I hope to be able to do that this summer once school is done.

I will also be busy finally getting to personal projects I've had my mind on. The first would be a contact database for my wife and I, as well as a video game and movie database for myself. I'd also like to create a few things that are interactive for the kids. Even if it's something as simple as a matching or memory game, it'll be fun for me to create it. And if I use pictures of the family, it'll be more fun for the kids.

The rest of school is going well also. I'm really enjoying C# and ASP.NET. In PHP we are going over frameworks and testing environments as well as version control systems.

The internship is going great and is lots of fun. I finally installed PHP, Apache and MySQL on the PC at my brother-in-law's farm so he can start to tinker with the program as it's in progress. It's finally started to take some shape of it's finished self, but also has a long way to go. I look forward to finishing it, either during the semester or this summer when the internship is over.

Next week is spring break at school and I plan to take the time to put a lot of hours into the internship, continue looking for full-time jobs (which I started last week) and build my first PC. It should be a busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment